Saturday, December 20, 2008

Every Which Way But Dead by Kim Harrison

First sentence:

"I took a deep breath to settle myself, jerking the cuff of my gloves to cover the bare patch of skin at my wrist."

Description:

"There's no witch in Cincinnati tougher, sexier, or more screwed up than bounty hunter Rachel Morgan, who's already put her love life and her soul in dire jeopardy through her determined efforts to bring criminal night creatures to justice.

Between 'runs,' she has her hands full fending off the attentions of her blood-drinking partner, keeping a deadly secret from her backup, and resisting a hot new vamp suitor.

Rachel must also take a stand in the war that's raging in the city's underworld, since she helped put away its former vampire kingpin -- and made a deal with a powerful demon to do so that could cost her an eternity of pain, torment, and degradation.

And now her dark 'master' is coming to collect his due." -- from the back cover

My thoughts:

I liked this urban fantasy featuring witch Rachel Morgan and her friends and allies. I especially liked the way she learned how to harness the ley line power within her. I look forward to reading the next book in the series, A Fistful of Charms.

Date read: 11/25/2008
Book #: 81
Series: Rachel Morgan/The Hollows #3
Rating: 3*/5 = good
Genre: Urban Fantasy

ISBN-10: 006057299X
ISBN-13: 9780060572990
Publisher: Harper Collins
Year: 2005
# of Pages: 501
Binding: Mass Market Paperback

No comments: