Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Little Face by Sophie Hannah

First sentence:

"I am outside."

Description:

"She's only been gone two hours. Her husband David was supposed to be looking after their two-week-old daughter. But when Alice Fancourt walks into the nursery, her terrifying ordeal begins, for Alice insists the baby in the cot is a stranger she's never seen before.

With an increasingly hostile and menacing David swearing she must either be mad or lying, how can Alice make the police believe her before it's too late?" -- from the back cover

My thoughts:

When I first read the description I wasn't sure if I would like the book as it seemed clichéd. However, the narration which switched back and forth between Alice and the detective Simon a week later held my interest and the ending made it all worthwhile.

Date read: 3/25/2008
Book #: 19
Rating: 3*/5 = good
Genre: Thriller

ISBN-10: 0340840323
ISBN-13: 9780340840320
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton
Year: 2006
# of Pages: 357
Binding: Trade Paperback
LibraryThing Page

1 comment:

Nikki in Niagara said...

This really sounds interesting! I've never heard of it before but must add it to my list. Thanks for the review!