Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Shakespeare's Champion by Charlaine Harris

First sentence:

"I grumbled to myself as I slid out of my Skylark, Marshall's keys clinking in my hand."

Description:

"When Lily stumbles upon the well-built corpse of a local body builder-his neck broken by a barbell-the town's underlying racial tension begins to boil over. The white victim was somehow connected to two unsolved murders of black residents of Shakespeare-and a dogged policeman is determined to stop the killing. But it is Lily herself who may have to decide whether to stay and fight for justice, or run away one more time."

My thoughts:

This was a good mystery with lots of twists - leaving both me and Lily guessing until the end. I liked how she helped others and asked for help when she needed it.

Date read: 6/26/2007
Book #: 52
Rating: 3* = good
Series: Lily Bard #2
Genre: Mystery

ISBN-10: 0425213102
ISBN-13: 9780425213100
Publisher: Berkeley
Year: 2006
# of pages: 224
Binding: Mass Market Paperback
LibraryThing Page

No comments: