Sunday, March 4, 2007

Buried Dreams by Brendan DuBois

Description:

"Lewis Cole's friend Jon Ericson has spent years studying the history of their small New Hampshire town, convinced that it was once a Viking settlement. When Lewis receives a phone call from Jon saying that he's finally found the evidence to prove it, he hurries right over. What Lewis discovers instead is a dead body. In the brief time since Jon left that message, someone has murdered him. Lewis's suspicions immediately turn to Jon's estranged brother. And Lewis sets out to learn the truth. The latest entry in the Lewis Cole series presents an icon-oclastic view of New England as well as a breathless mystery."

My thoughts:

I got this book years ago, but put off reading it until I read the previous books in the series. I'm glad I did, because knowing the relationships between Cole and his friends Felix, Diane and Paula, helped me appreciate this book more. I also enjoyed Cole's amateur archaeological dig in his cellar and his trips with Felix into Maine.

Date finished: 2/18/2007
Book No.: 17
Rating: 3* = good
Genre: Mystery

ISBN-10: 0373265433
ISBN-13: 978-0373265435
Publisher: Worldwide Mystery
Year: 2005
No. of pages: 272
Binding: Paperback

No comments: