Sunday, February 15, 2015

The Bradbury Chronicles: The Life of Ray Bradbury by Sam Weller

First sentence:

"I remember the day I was born."

Description:

"Accomplished journalist Sam Weller met the Ray Bradbury while writing a cover story for the Chicago Tribune Magazine and spent hundreds of hours interviewing Bradbury, his editors, family members, and longtime friends. With unprecedented access to private archives, he uncovered never–before–published letters, documents, and photographs that help tell the story of this literary genius and his remarkable creative journey. The result is a richly textured, detailed biography that illuminates the origins and accomplishments of Bradbury's fascinating mind." -- Amazon.com

My thoughts:

I enjoyed this extensive biography of Ray Bradbury as I not only learned about his life, I also learned how his short stories and books were born.

Date read: 2/14/2015
Book #: 1
Rating: 3*/5 = good
Genre: Biography

ISBN-10: 0060545844
ISBN-13: 9780060545840
Publisher: Harper Perennial
Year: 2006 (Reprint)
# of pages: 432
Binding: Trade Paperback
LibraryThing page

No comments: