Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright

First sentence:

"Shortly after 11:00 P.M., Laurel slid under the maroon comforter and into bed next to her husband, Jack."

Description:

"Their story began with one letter on their wedding night.

I made a promise today at the church and I'm making another promise tonight. I'm going to write to you every week . . .Laurel, I will always stand by you. No matter what. . .

It ended almost forty years later, when Jack and Laurel Cooper died in each other's arms. But before he took his last breath, Jack wrote his wife one final 'Wednesday letter.'

When the Cooper children return home, they discover the thousands of letters left behind. As they read them, clues to a shattering family secret emerge--and they are brought face-to-face with a life-changing moment of truth." -- from the back cover

My thoughts:

This was a great book about family and discovery. So much is discovered that I had to remind myself that it takes place over just a few days.

Date read: 3/27/2012
Book #: 13
Challenges: New Author Challenge 2012, Off the Shelf Challenge 2012, A-Z Challenge 2012
Rating: 4*/5 = great
Genre: Fiction

ISBN-10: 0425223477
ISBN-13: 9780425223475
Publisher: Berkley Books
Year: 2007
# of pages: 280
Binding: Trade Paperback
LibraryThing page

No comments: