Friday, August 21, 2009

Have Space Suit - Will Travel by Robert Heinlein

First sentence:

"You see, I had this space suit."

Description:

"Kip is a volatile teenager whose desire to go to the moon launches him on a much, much longer journey. Struggles haunt his path, desperate seeking forces him on. Eventually he is set down on an ancient planet, finds within himself a primal strength and finally accepts the mantle of responsibility for the entire human race." -- from the backcover



My thoughts:

I enjoyed this book. I liked Kip and Pee Wee's friendship and their interactions with the "Mother Creature." I also liked how Kip's father challenged him to learn more than what the school was teaching him.

Date read: 8/20/2009
Book #: 42
Challenges: 999 Challenge, Final Frontier Challenge
Rating: 4*/5 = great

Publisher: New English Library
Year: 1975
# of Pages: 175
Binding: Mass Market Paperback
LibraryThing page

No comments: