Monday, March 30, 2009

Musing Mondays - Keeping Track

From Just One More Page:

Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about recording your reading…

Do you keep track of what and/or how many books you read? How long have you been doing this? What's your favorite tracking method, and why?If you don't keep track, why not? (question courtesy of MizB)

Short answer: Yes! Now, for the long answer:

I started keeping track of my books in 2002 on Bibliophil. At that time, I noted the date read and rated the books on a 1-5 scale (3 = good, 4 = great, 5 = excellent). In 2006, I started this blog and over the years have added many sites that I track my books. The following links go directly to my book lists:


You'll notice that I simply copy/paste my comments from the blog onto these sites, so I tend to do my blog comments first and then over time update the other sites. I keep track on a spreadsheet.

Finally, I keep a running list in a hardcover book journal.

3 comments:

Nise' said...

Wow, that is some system you got going!

Rebecca Johnson said...

Wow!... and, well, WOW!

And now I have a whole list of bookish links to look at :) thanks!

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Great idea, I would like to keep track of the older books that I've read, I just don't know where to start... to make it easy for now I've only started adding books from 2009.

Thanks for all the links... I better get browsing ;)