Wednesday, August 26, 2015

August 2015 - Part 2: I was Amelia Earhart; Mermaid; Firestorm

20. I was Amelia Earhart by Jane Mendelsohn

My thoughts:

This was an interesting book of the possible life of Amelia Earhart after she disappeared flying over the Pacific Ocean.

Date read: 8/21/2015
Rating: 3*/5 = good
Genre: Fiction
LibraryThing page

21. Mermaid by Eileen Cronin

My thoughts:

I liked this book about growing up strong despite having missing limbs due to thalidomide. Cronin doesn't let anything get in her way and her determination to live her life fully is an inspiration.

Date read:
Rating: 3*/5 = good
Genre: Memoir
LibraryThing page

22. Firestorm by Rachel Caine

My thoughts:

I enjoyed this entry in the Weather Warden series. I liked how Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin worked to alert her colleagues of the dangerous collapse in the Warden-Djinn relations. I look forward to reading the next book, Thin Air.

Date read: 8/25/2015
Series: Weather Warden, #5
Rating: 3*/5 = good
Genre: Urban Fantasy
LibraryThing page

No comments: