Sunday, April 12, 2015

April 2015: Call the Midwife; Shadows of the Workhouse; Murder at the National Gallery of Art

6. Call the Midwife: Shadows of the Workhouse by Jennifer Worth

My thoughts: 

I liked the second book in the Midwife Trilogy series. I especially liked how Jennifer learned to look past the conditions to engage with the people directly. I'm looking forward to reading the third book, Farewell to the East End.

Date read: 4/3/2015
Series: Midwife #2
Rating: 3*/5 = good
Genre: Memoir/History
LibraryThing page

7. Murder at the National Gallery by Margaret Truman

My thoughts:

I like this mystery set in the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC and in Italy.  There were a lot of twists that kept me guessing throughout the book.

Date read: 4/11/2015
Rating: 3*/5 = good
Genre: Mystery
LibraryThing page


No comments: